Saturday, July 6, 2013

April 18, 2013: Rhett Miller

Show Details:

Artists: Rhett Miller, Luke Brindley
Location: The Hamilton, Washington, DC

I had a copy of the setlist for this show but I have subsequently lost it but I still remember many of the highlights.




The opener for the show was Luke Brindley, the owner of Jammin' Java.  He continued the string of great openers I've experienced for singer songwriters this year and I bought his CD and talked to him a bit afterwards.  I wanted to go see his show at Jammin' Java in June but I had another event that night so I'll have to wait for another time to see him again.

Luke Brindley

This show was almost as good if not better than the Rhett Miller show I went to in January.  Rhett Miller was just coming off having throat issues and being on complete vocal shutdown so there was a little expectation that it would have an affect on the show, but he didn't let it.  It was the first time I've been to a mostly empty room at The Hamilton, although he played as if the room was completely full.

Rhett Miller
As when I saw him before, Rhett Miller played a long set, opening the show again with Lost Without You, and moved through his catalog hitting all his best, most energetic songs.  There is not much to say about this show that I didn't already say in my last post about the show.  The biggest highlight of the show was when he played Question.  He played half the song in French, which works out really really well.  Unlike last time he came out after the show and met the crowd for a bit and did a signing.  Again, another great show from Rhett Miller, and I'm really looking forward to when he tours again.

Meeting Rhett Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment