Wednesday, October 16, 2013

May 18, 2013: Joshua Radin

Concert Details:

Bands: Joshua Radin, My Name is You
Location: The Hamilton, Washington, DC

Every single time i got o The Hamilton I end up loving the opening act and buying their CD and talking to them after their performance.  My Name is You was no exception.  Not only were they the opener, they were also at least part of the back up band for Joshua Radin.



Since that show I have listened to My Name is You probably on average of at least one song a day and I definitely look forward to seeing them again.


As with all singer songwriters I've seen, especially those I've seen at The Hamilton, Joshua Radin put on a phenomenal show.  I took way to long to write this so the specific memories are failing me, but I'll hit on some of the highlights.  Similar to many of the artists I've seen this year Joshua Radin got much of his fame by getting his music out through a TV show, in this case Scrubs.  I personally only know of Joshua Radin because of Scrubs, but have since purchased his albums and like each of them very much.

Unlike most of the singer-songwriters I've seen this year, instead of just playing by himself on stage, he had a decent size backup band, which in this case was comprised of the opening band.



The smallness of the venue also lent itself to one of the most fun parts of the show.   Radin and the guy from My Name Is You stood back from the microphones to sing one song unplugged and un-miced.


Overall, it was a fun show, and I don't regret choosing this one over the other two I could have gone to, well mostly don't regret it.  Either of those could have been equally fun, but that's a chance I take.  Either way, I'll be seeing both of those artists as well as Joshua Radin again within the next month, this time though, he is the opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment