Sunday, August 4, 2013

May 9, 2013: Rick Springfield

Concert Details:


Bands: Rick Springfield
Location: Ram's Head Center Stage

  1. Wide Awake
  2. I've Done Anything for You
  3. I Get Excited
  4. Our Ship's Sinking
  5. Heart of a Woman
  6. I Hate Myself
  7. Love Is Alright Tonight
  8. My Last Heartbeat
  9. Don't Talk to Strangers
  10. You Better Love Somebody
  11. Jessie's Girl
Encore
   12. All my Lovin' (Beatles Cover)
   13. Kristina

I went to this show more as a lark, but found myself having a decent amount of fun.  I only know two Rick Springfield songs, but this still turned out to be an entertaining and equally terrifying show.

I'll start with the terrifying part.  Take the fervor of Justin Bieber fans and then put it into women that were between 50 and 65 and then pack them in a room of maybe 500 people.  It was both amusing and absolutely terrifying, and may have in fact been the most terrifying experience of my life.

So about the show itself.  Impressively, Rick Springfield has still go serious skill and energy.  His guitar work was phenomenal and his voice sounded almost as good as it did on the album.  My favorite song of his, Love is Alright Tonight, came in the middle of the show and was well received by the crowd.  Predictably the big moment of the show was during Jessie's Girl.

Overall it was a fun show, although unmemorable.  The most amusing part was when he walked through the crowd and the women and my friend David with me reached out to touch him, so i will leave you with what he said about the experience  "I touched Rick Springfield... I had to".

No comments:

Post a Comment